At Grace, We Are In The City For Good and Heat Respite is doing that on a daily basis! For the first two weeks in June, we had 1,451 entries for our program, including 1,235 volunteer hours -- that’s almost double the volunteer hours from last year! We have had some great volunteer groups donating their time, meals, water, and financially supporting our program. We could not do this program without all of your help, so thank you very much!
We would like to thank the following persons for volunteering their time and hard work almost every day of the past two weeks:
- Marlene Haller
- Frank Soto
- Lori Thompson
- Alex Thompson
- Theo Thompson
- Laura Thompson
- Tarvies Mayweather
- Ray Saunders, and many others!
We also had several groups donate food for lunches as well as volunteer their time with us. We are so grateful of their time and talents!
- First Church UCC, Phoenix
- Peace Lutheran Church, Peoria
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Fountain Hills
- New Journey Lutheran Church, Fountain Hills
The program uses 3 - 4 cases of water every two hours, and we would like to highlight some very large recent water donations, including:
- New Covenant Lutheran Church, Scottsdale
- Love of Christ Lutheran Church, Mesa
- Ray Rosenbach
- Desert Cross Lutheran Church, Tempe
Also, thank you to Veteran’s Hands in Action, Phoenix, and Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Mesa, for donating snack items several times over the past 2 weeks.
If you are interested in volunteering or donating to the Heat Respite Program, please contact Sven Lenkewitz at (602) 551-9234 or Paul Hansen-Mitev at (480) 388-0225, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities available for you and/or a group!
We are in need of the following items:
- Men’s underwear
- Men’s pants and shorts sizes 30 - 36
- Small toothpaste
- Shoes (tennis shoes, men's & women's)
- T-shirts (all sizes, men's and women’s)
- Disposable razors
- Shaving cream
- Body wash
- Nail clippers
Any donation will help and is greatly appreciated.
Thank you and God bless!